Failure to Prevent Fraud Masterclass
Join Cifas and legal experts from Eversheds Sutherland’s Corporate Crime and Investigations team, who have been tracking the progress of the new 'Failure to Prevent' legislation for a one day masterclass.
The masterclass will cover:
- Where the legislation is up to, and when we can expect it to come into force;
- How the offence (and some other key forthcoming legal developments) significantly expands potential corporate criminal liability;
- How, and how often, the new offence will be used by enforcement authorities;
- Steps companies should be taking now to brief senior stakeholders and play their part in shaping the guidance about “reasonable prevention procedures”;
- What the practical consequences of investigations and prosecutions could be, and what to do to manage and minimise these risks;
- Examples of prevention measures which can be implemented to demonstrate that procedures are in place to prevent fraudulent conduct.
The masterclass is open to all but is particularly of relevance to legal professionals and legal teams.
Schedule & Teaching
The masterclass is delivered online via Zoom between 10am - 1pm, this will include short comfort breaks as well as Q&A sessions.