and responsibly whilst using the site. The Cifas Academy website privacy notice sets out how we use data relating to you and it forms a
- academy.cifas.org.uk (the “Website”) is a website owned and operated by Cifas, a company
in England and Wales under company number 02584687 and with our registered office at 6th Floor
7-12 Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9LT (“Cifas”, “we”, “us” or
- By using the Website you are confirming that you understand and accept (and are able to
of 18 or
You must not use the Website if you are under 16.
Rights of use and intellectual property rights
- You can use the Website solely for browsing information about us and our services and policies.
- Unless otherwise specified, all copyright, design rights, database rights, patent rights, trade mark
trade dress rights and other intellectual property rights in the Website belong to and vest in us,
licensed to us.
- All third party trade names and trade marks are the property of their respective owners and we make
warranty or representation in relation to them.
- Restrictions and obligations
- You will not:
- hack, modify, reverse engineer or create derivative works of the Website or any part of it;
- gain unauthorised access to any part of the Website; remove, modify or obscure any copyright,
- trade mark or other proprietary notices on the Website;
- create software which replicates or mimics the data or functionality in the Website;
- use your access to the Website for the sending of direct marketing;
- make any part of the Website available to a third party who does not agree to these terms of
- copy or exploit any part of the Website or the content it contains;
- use the Website or any part of it unfairly or for any illegal or immoral purpose;
- or attempt to do any of the acts listed above.
- Third party services and links to websites
- We may link to, incorporate or use third party software and services such as social networking or
features within the Website. Use of any such software or services is subject to the terms of
third parties, and you agree to comply with any such third party terms and conditions when using the
- Where we make available links to other websites or apps on the Website, such links are provided for
information and convenience only. We are not responsible for the content or performance of the
website or app, and you are responsible for reviewing the linked website’s or app’s
- The Website may allow you and other users of the Website to: (i) send communications to us or third
or (ii) contribute content of your own for use on the Website or otherwise by us or third parties
“Contribution”). As such, the Website may enable the display of third party
- To the extent that such Contributions and/or User Content are permitted, you acknowledge that the
an information service and ancillary to this we are involved in the transmission, storage,
hosting, formatting or translation of third party communications without selection or alteration of
content of the communication, for which the Website is a mere conduit. By using the Website
we have no responsibility to review the content of any Contributions and/or User Content and that
Contributions and/or User Content are made available on the basis that we are not required to and do
exercise any control or judgement in respect of their content. For the avoidance of doubt, the
expressed in any Contributions and/or User Content are the views of the individual authors and not
us unless expressly specified otherwise by us.
- Although we are not obliged to do so, we shall be entitled to remove, restrict, suspend or alter any
account, Contribution and/or User Content (and the ability to share or create Contributions and/or
Content) for any reason in our discretion including, without limitation, because conduct or content
associated with such account, Contributions and/or User Content might be unacceptable as described
- You agree that we may use, publish, edit, modify, adapt process and store any content that you
available, post to, or transmit to the Website (“Your Content”) for any and all purposes
relating to the Website and our business and you hereby grant us a non-exclusive, transferrable,
sub-licensable, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual worldwide licence to use Your Content in that
You further waive all so called moral rights in Your Content.
- To the extent that Your Content is derived from the Website or material provided by us, you hereby
us all intellectual property rights subsisting in Your Content which are owned by you.
- You agree and undertake that you are entitled to make available, or post to or transmit Your Content
Website, and to grant us those rights set out in clause 5.3, and will not make available, or post to
transmit to the Website any statement, material or other Contributions, nor use the Website or any
Contributions in any way that breaches our User Content Guidelines as set out in Schedule 1 and
time to time.
or part thereof
- It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. People
provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading, unlawful, or illegal. We have
of telling if statements made by other users are true. You should therefore exercise some degree of
when reading user content on any website. By using the website you accept that you do so at your own
- You agree to the distribution of Your Content by us both internally and externally. Therefore you
ensure that Your Content does not contain information which you intend to keep confidential or
- The Website provides a means by which you can communicate with us. We will communicate with you at
address you have provided or through other means of communication provided by the Website.
- Notices that are applicable to all our users shall be made available on the Website publicly. You
deemed to have received a notice at the time the email is sent or the time the notice is posted on
Website. We will be deemed to have received a notice when we issue confirmation to you.
- All emails (or other messages) we send are intended for the addressee only.
- We provide and maintain the Website on an “as is” basis and are liable only to provide
services with reasonable skill and care.
- External Sites have not been verified or reviewed by us and all use and access of External Sites is
your own risk. “External Sites” means third party websites and online services to which
- We give no other warranty in connection with the Website and to the maximum extent permitted by law,
exclude liability for:
- any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including any direct, indirect, special,
or consequential loss whether or not that loss arises out of something of which we have been
- the accuracy, currency or validity of information and material contained within the Website;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating the Website;
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on the Website;
- the infringement by any other person of any copyright or other intellectual property rights
third party through use of the Website;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of External Sites;
- any transaction taking place on External Sites;
- any transaction with a third party retailer taking place on the Website;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may
user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by any other person
using or downloading the Website or any part of it (save to the extent that damage to your
other digital content which you own is caused by the Website as a result of our failure to
reasonable care and skill in which case you may be entitled to compensation or we may be
repair your device);
- and all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms and conditions which but for
notice would have effect.
- We do not warrant that the operation of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free.
failure is caused by the occurrence of an event beyond our reasonable control.
- Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms and conditions,
implied, statutory or otherwise, and all of those terms and conditions are hereby excluded to the
extent permitted by law.
- You agree not to use the Website in any way which is:
- may give rise to civil or criminal liability for us;
- or which might call us into disrepute.
- Without limiting any other rights we may have, we may cancel or suspend access to the Website if you
exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence nor any
acts or representations.
agreement between you and us relating to your use of the Website, to the exclusion of any other
- Failure to enforce any term does not constitute a waiver of that term.
necessary to make it enforceable and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and
- The Website is intended for and directed at the United Kingdom. No representation or warranty is
whether the Website complies with the laws of any other country.
- Subject always to applicable mandatory consumer protections including those of your country, these
use and your use of the Website are subject to the laws of England and the parties submit to the
jurisdiction of the English courts.
reasonable notice, which may include notice given via the Website.
- All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us. We will try to respond to
The Compliance Officer
6th Floor, Lynton House
7 - 12 Tavistock
User Content guidelines