Digital Document Fraud (e-learning)
Digital documents are much more easily tampered with, copied or faked than hard copies – creating a greater risk of fraud. The Digital Document Fraud (e-learning) course will help you mitigate these risks by teaching ways to detect tampering with documents and emails. Entirely online, you’ll be able to direct your own study and work through the modules at the time and pace that suits you.
Course Module Details
A large part of our interactions with companies is now conducted online. Customers expect to be able to set up accounts, pay bills, and request assistance, all without having to be present themselves or bring in hard copies of their identification.
As a result, companies are increasingly asking for digital copies, photographs of identity documents and similar to verify the identity of the customer. Whilst this is more convenient for the customer, digital documents are much more easily tampered with, copied or faked than hard copies – creating a greater risk of fraud.
The Digital Document Fraud course will help you mitigate those risks by teaching ways to detect tampering with documents and emails.
This online course involves both a theory and a practical element, to give students the chance to practice their skills on tampered documents. It also involves a final knowledge check and a written assessment, with individual feedback.
The main elements this course covers are:
- Methodologies to detect if photos and image files have been manipulated.
- Methodologies to detect if document files, such as PDF and Word files, have been tampered with.
- A close look at what extra information (metadata) we can pull out of those files that may give us clues to who the sender is, or any anomalies.
- As emails are the primary methodology for sending these documents in, the course teaches methods by which an email can be assessed for anomalies which might point to fraudulent activity.
- How to put together a professional report on the above areas.
No prior experience necessary.
The learner can start at any time and study the course at a pace to suit them; however, the recommended duration is one month from commencement.
Have a question? Send us a message